Friday, October 16, 2009

Where do I begin?

The hardest part is starting, or maybe putting into action - or is it believing?

I don't know.

I typically don't know where I am going until I get there. And yet here it is, sitting in my neighbor's driveway, waiting for me to make it home.

Charlie has done so much work on it already, painted her out, laid new, all weather flooring, replaced hardware, built structures - but no part is actually complete yet, so I just can't show you any after pictures.

But here she was on the first day.

Anyway, back to where I am with all of this.

Nowhere.

I just walk in, look around, and walk back out. I don't even know where to begin.

What clothing do I put into those tiny 2 cabinets?

What dishes or cooking stuff do I bring?

What toys and products, cleaning or hygenic, blankets, towels, food?

I seriously have no idea where to even start. I have picked out the paint and thought out structural issues, I have delegated the plan out to Charlie, and now he is looking at me, finished wiht what I asked of him, wondering what happens next.

And I don't know.

I don't know what furniture, decorations, or storage solutions to move back in. I don't know what goes where or how to even designate such a small amount of space.

Luckily there is an Ikea in Sac. And Charlie has some wild hair because he actually suggested we go today! I know the 95% of life's answers can be found there, and Madee is going to love the meatballs!

So maybe soon I will have a little more direction and focus for the tasks at hand.

Estimated Departure Day: October 26, 2009.

11 days and counting.

The journey hearkens...

1 comment:

Crock said...

Okay ~ I simply can not contain myself another minute!! :p

I've been following along with your family blog, periodically checking in on my daughter's namesake (one of my twins is named Eden), and have now - in great anticipation - ventured over here to learn about your impending road-trippy travels... which I just HAVE TO TELL you... I am sooo ridiculously envious of!

I've known Charlie since we were in 4th grade at St. Matts, and have had fun reconnecting with him (mostly about all things Sunny in Philly) through CrackBook, but, honestly, your blogs are just such a blast... and I wanted you to know as you gear up to go - that you have some good drivin' vibes coming at you from the Frozen Tundra of the north! :p

I am excited to learn what your tips-of-the-travel-trade will be, and hope to use them as ammunition (read: encouragement) to get my own little family out on the open road!

What a grand adventure. Cheers to you!!
Best~
Carrie Crockford

 
© 2011 Designs by Dana