Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Bridge, The Ice and the Clocktower

When we go over this bridge, the dog goes CRAZY. Charlie used to live here years ago, and Zeus knows that when he hears the tires hit the grating that he is probably going to play on the beach.

And he starts howling and we all toss random objects like toys and empty water bottle towards the back of the car but he won't stop.

He can't.

This is Lake Superior at sunset.

The shore is totally frozen and then beyond where it is totally frozen it is just chunky ice for hundreds of feet.

Ono knows better than to even go out there, and paced around the certain edge nervously until we all cam back to the sand.

It's huge. And icy.

Like, you have never seen anything like it, unless you have seen it.

Then you'd know what I am talking about.

I still haven't had much free warm time for photographing the cool buildings, but I have started grabbing my camera and just shooting out of the window randomly as I am driving (without my glasses) so don't worry about whether or not I am looking where I am going, because I CAN'T SEE ANYWAY.
Which is only one of the reasons Charlie prefers to drive.

No comments:

 
© 2011 Designs by Dana